Olio Apps is looking for our next software engineer! We are a small but talented group of full stack developers focused on meeting and exceeding our customers' expectations when it comes to delivering their mission-critical projects. Those run the gamut of web apps, native mobile apps, web service backends, and experimental prototypes.
If you are a great communicator, love honing your technical skills, and enjoy building software that people will rely on in their daily lives—we'd love to hear from you!
- Analyze requirements and mock-ups to create actionable, estimated ticket work items
- Create technical designs encompassing the algorithms, patterns, and tools needed to accomplish the tasks at hand
- Build reusable components, and aggregate those building blocks into features
- Write unit tests and integration tests to ensure quality of work
- Participate in a highly collaborative agile software development lifecycle
- Create and receive high-quality pull requests, which enhance the overall quality of the engineering team
- Demonstrated experience with React
- Familiarity with a strongly typed language such as Java, Go, or Objective C
- Proficiency in using modern web development technologies and techniques, including TypeScript, HTTP APIs, GraphQL, CSS Frameworks, and testing.
- Effective and proactive communicator, with a strong growth mindset
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering; or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience with React and React Native
- High proficiency with Typescript
- 1+ years of experience working with either Go, Java, Swift, Objective C, or Python
- 1+ years of experience with Redux, Redux Saga, or equivalents
- 1-2+ years of experience in active software project development
- 1-2+ years of experience with building web services and API backends
- 15 days paid time off (PTO) per calendar year
- Additional team-wide week of PTO between Christmas and New Year's
- Paid sick leave (1 hour earned per 30 hours worked)
- 9 paid US holidays per calendar year
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Health/dental/vision insurance coverage
- Yearly education budget
- Home office improvement budget
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus
We're not currently hiring for this position. But we go through a number of hiring rounds each year, so fill out our application form if you'd like to be considered for future opportunities. Please indicate in your cover letter if you're looking for full-time work or are interested in contract/freelance work.